Please join iaWia at Mars Sidebar in Capital Square to grab breakfast and coffee, chat with fellow members, and discuss part II of the Athene Workbook: Courage and Entrepreneurial Spirit (pages 23-30) with our special guest, China Wong, owner of Salon Spa W.
The social is the next of a series of breakfast/lunch socials designed so that we can catch up with each other, discuss an article, follow-up on an iaWia event, or dialogue with a guest in an informal setting. If you have ideas for future topics at the socials, please email us here.
More about China:
- Owner of Salon Spa W in the East Village. Salon W, LLC opened in 2005 and has been integral over the past 12 years in the re-gentricification of the East Village neighborhood in downtown Des Moines.
- Nationally recognized for performance of team and business growth. Salon Spa W has been named a Top 200 salon in the US by industry publication Salon Today eight years in a row (2011-2018) and been named a Top 100 salon in the US by Elle magazine for four years.
- Over 150 haircuts have been provided through Salon Spa W to members of the community currently experiencing homelessness at Central Iowa Shelter and Services.
- Over 500 underprivileged children from Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Central Iowa and the Young Women’s Resource Center have participated in Zoodo, Salon Spa W’s annual campaign to educate and excite youth about the earth and the animals that inhibit it.
- Named Female Business Owner of the Year by the Des Moines Business Record in 2017.
- 40 under 40 honoree in the Des Moines Business Record’s 2017 class.